21 March 2006

jesus, mary, and joseph what AM i doing

Well, I don't think I'll be retrieving the old TPT archives here, despite a friend suggesting I might share them with someone. An interesting idea, that. And I won't be buying the domain back, or re-crafting that perfectly nice layout and site itself, with its aspirations to, umm, I dunno, a wasted week or two of my life. (Which, in geek hindsight, wouldn't validate for love or money, so not a big deal). Only one thing to say - transition time. The original tpt began at a transition, a rough time in the ford of Oxen shortly before abortively heading to the Bay Area for something that proved to be both disastrous and a blessing. Re-reading the dwindling end-archives a few weeks ago, the result of leaving London, moving to New York Fucking City, being broke and disinterested, having an uncertain future but not much of a present and way too much past, I let the original die. To pursue a present, first and foremost, and then a future. And guess what? It worked!

For the next 4 and a half months I'm veritably rolling in future, at which point it starts, and I'm shit out of luck on the whingeing front, given that I've managed to, oh, achieve 11 years of ambition and purpose. (Can I mention here that I have not had a cigarette since January 2, 2006, making it almost 3 months, and GODDAMN I want one right now.) So, when confronted with a departure, what do I do, my loyal readers (other than drink - no points there)? That's right, I bring on the capital-"D" Drama. And, true to form, it's all well underway. Except for a brief breather for the next week or so.

Allow me to explain (this is going to be a preposterously long entry, but hell, it's feeling good and I'm on holiday. And have vodka to hand). Enter, approximately a month ago, EVV1. The coinage is not mine, but that of an old friend of mine - Ms. Double-Barreled (English, obviously, living here in NY). EVV1 - "Emotionally Vulnerable Victim 1" was a co-worker of Ms. Double-Barreled. Knowing that I'm a danger to all I survey at the best of times, and out and out evil at the worst of times, and knowing, too, that despite all my best efforts and protestations "I've changed! I'm different!" that none of that was the case, Ms. D-B set me up with EVV1. All, of course, went according to plan - I was in lurve, precisely because EVV1 was holding back, reluctant, timid, a bit afraid of getting involved with 1) my imminently leaving ass, and 2) my "all warning labels blazing" self (this, of course, is my new tactic: "Damaged goods! Half-off!" As effective as it ever has been, historically speaking. Which is sad, but true.) Just a reminder, boys and girls, and do keep up - 6 weeks, it's the new 3 weeks. The next installment, if there ever is one, involves not only EVV1 but a puppy, a shotgun, St Patrick's Day, and YCT: Yummy Co-Teacher...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home