01 December 2007

the hours roll on

If I'm not careful, my ass is gonna attach itself to my office chair. Whoever indicated the life of the junior faculty member was anything other than indentured servitude, well, they were full of shit. "Can't complain" my ass. Here last night until 8, a full 8-hour day today, and still I'm panicked about getting shit out the door in time for the talk on Wednesday, so shall be in again tomorrow, in between celebrating the 96th birthday of my 4'8" Jewish step-grandmother from the Lower East Side. Sigh. Although it just occurs to me these recommendation letters could go in late. In fact, fuck 'em. Sorry John of the keen and restless intellect and the methodical deliberation and analysis - it's gonna have to wait. Although no one will be looking at these files until the New Year, so it's not as if I'm single handedly going to ruin your future. And if I do, you'll never know. AnywayS, I gotta tend to my own future. 30 fricking colleagues showing up for what was supposed to be a roundtable discussion populated by 7-10 techies and geeks. My plan is to geek out so much that the colleagues don't know what I'm saying, but throw down enough period-specific detail that the geeks can't fault me for it being mostly tech show-and-tell-and-I-wish-things-would-improve. But "show and tell" means "slides" means "screen shots" means "fiddly ass shit you can't fake" means time, which, of course, is on the short side. fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck. Shrug. Brother-in-law's birthday party, and Herself is visiting friends up north, so I'm off to drink and drive solo....

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home