16 March 2008

Take that, domain thieving bitches

Lady and gentleman, boy and girl, tenpointtype is back!  I felt the odd impulse this morning to see whether the original domain, tenpointtype.org, had become available, and lo, it was so.  I let the domain lapse, very consciously, shortly after I moved to New York, in early 2005.  I hadn't been writing much (I'm still not, of course, but that's not the issue), I was totally broke (I still am, but that's temporary), utterly miserable (not so much), despondent and despairing (again, not so much) and just not interested in publicly whingeing in a non-stop fashion.  Clearly, evil cyber-thieves have automated clients set to discover domains that are not renewed promptly, so when I let the original tenpointtype domain lapse, it got snapped up by parties unknown.  And there was no way in hell I was going to buy it back from the domain kidnappers for $100. So I let it sit, and there things stood, until this morning.  But now, in an idle moment (read: WAAAAAAAY too much work, ever more creative procrastination and work-avoidance), I discovered TPT was available. I've registered the domain, set up a year-long hosting with evil corporate domain hosting people (which next year perhaps I'll switch to someone reasonable, but I was in a hurry), and, well, that's all she wrote.  I don't imagine I'll spend too much time working on the site in the near term future (although I've downloaded WordPress already....),and will continue to whinge here. But it feels like a victory, nonetheless, so I thought I'd share.  Hmm. Shower, grade, write. Sigh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home